8 taco-sized whole wheat tortillas
1 bunch cilantro
2 fresh limes, cut into wedges
2 ½ cups Walnut Taco Meat
2 tablespoons gochujang sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
For the marinated vegetables:
4 green onions
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
¼ English cucumber, sliced thin
1 watermelon radish, sliced thin
1 cup matchstick carrots
fresh cayenne peppers, sliced thin (optional)
1 ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
For the Crema:
1 cup Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon hot chili sauce
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Recipe courtesy of California Walnuts.
1. Place a skillet over medium heat and add the gochujang sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Add the walnut taco meat and stir. Turn down to low heat, cover, and keep warm.
2. Next, prepare the vegetables. Cut the white parts off the green onions and discard. Slice the green parts into thin strips and place them in a bowl of ice water. This will cause them to curl. Place the vinegar and honey into a bowl and stir. Add the cucumber, radish, carrots, peppers, and sesame seeds. Stir to combine.
3. Make the crema by mixing the yogurt with the chili sauce and salt.
4. Warm the tortillas. Scoop 1/8 of the walnut meat into each tortilla. Spoon the crema on top of the walnut meat. Add a handful of marinated vegetables and a few of the curled green onions.
5. Finish the tacos by topping them with sprigs of cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and the remaining walnut meat. Enjoy!